STARTING YOUR UTILITY ACCOUNT
Starting your utility account is easy – you just need proper identification and to follow these steps:
1. Complete the Utility Application.
2. Sign the first and second pages.
3. You will need picture identification (a driver’s license, passport, government or military ID.
4. Residential utility applicants must include a property rental or purchase agreement. (Real estate agents may use a listing agreement).
5. Commercial utility applicants may provide a copy of the lease for commercial property or provide landlord verification.
6. Commercial utility applicants (within the city limits) must obtain a Business Tax Receipt prior to activating services. Contact Building Dept at 352-728-9750. Provide copy with your utility application.